Mobile phone contract prices in the UK are experiencing an upward trend, a move often tied to the Retail Prices Index (RPI) or Consumer Price Index (CPI), along with an additional 3.9% to counteract inflation and escalating operational expenses.

Even for businesses committed to fixed monthly direct debit plans, encountering mid-contract price adjustments is becoming routine. These adjustments typically range from 3% to 4%, resulting in overall increases of approximately 7% to 8% after incorporating the supplementary 3.9%.

In 2023, inflation reached its highest level in four decades, leading to businesses facing up to an 18% surge in their phone bills. Although this year’s increase is somewhat mitigated compared to the previous year, most mobile networks are still implementing a significant 7.9% price hike.

Broadband providers are aligning with this trajectory, similarly, revising their pricing structures. For comprehensive insights into broadband price revisions, please get in touch via our contact page.

The magnitude of mid-contract bill increases for mobile phones varies across networks. Some providers may opt to raise prices exclusively for SIM-only plans, while others may focus on phone contracts. Therefore, it is prudent for businesses to verify with their network providers to ascertain the implications.

Here’s a breakdown of what businesses can anticipate from each network:

  • EE
    Scheduled for 31st March 2024, a 7.9% price rise (CPI + 3.9%).
  • O2
    Set for 1st April 2024, an 8.8% price rise (RPI + 3.9%).
  • Vodafone
    Effective from 1st April 2024, a 7.9% price hike (CPI + 3.9%) applicable to plans initiated from 9th December 2020.
  • Three
    Enacted on 1st April 2024, a 7.9% price hike (CPI + 3.9%) for customers who joined on or after 1st November 2022; a 4.5% increase for those who joined between 29th October 2020 and 31st October 2022; and a 7.9% hike for customers who joined before 29th October 2020.
  • Asda Mobile
    No announced price adjustments.
  • giffgaff
    No announced price adjustments.
  • iD Mobile
    Effective from 1st April 2024, a 7.9% price rise (CPI + 3.9%) applicable to phone contracts, with no changes to SIM-only contracts.
  • Lebara
    No announced price adjustments.
  • Lyca Mobile
    No announced price adjustments.
    No announced price adjustments.
  • Sky Mobile
    For out-of-contract users, a 3% rise, effective from 14th February 2024, with no changes for those in contract.
  • Talkmobile
    No announced price adjustments.
  • Tesco Mobile
    No announced price adjustments.
  • VOXI
    No announced price adjustments.

Price hikes typically come into effect around March or April for both broadband and mobile services. Networks are obligated to provide at least 30 days’ notice regarding any price modifications, typically announcing these alterations in January or February.

Leave a Comment

I accept the Privacy Policy